Last Supper Dinner Club - 1st Thursday in September
- When: Thursday, September 04, 2014 @ 6:00 pm
- Nirvana Indian Cuisine, 4308 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA view map
Next week is a short week, so we decided to go back to a comfortable favorite -- Nirvana's Thursday Night Buffet! There's something for everyone including vegetarian options and you can easily pay separately. What's not to like?
We've had a lot of luck with this place and we know that many of you enjoy it, so we hope those of you who can't make it very often check back in with us.
As a courtesy to your organizers and the other guests, if you find out that you will not be attending even as late as the afternoon of the dinner, please update your RSVP, so we will be as close to the actual number as possible. Thanks for your cooperation!
NOSHA Hosts Annual Secular Discussion 4.0
- When: Saturday, September 20, 2014 @ 4:00 pm
- Audubon Zoo, 6500 Magazine St, New Orleans, LA view map
At least once a year we offer a meeting where everyone is entitled to everyone else’s opinion, because conversation is the only way we can achieve understanding and is the only way to learn more about each other.
Over the past year, one of the fascinating things we've noticed is that there are more disagreements over how people perceive their personal non-belief and how that pervades online topics and applies to personal self-image.
Some suggested topics will be:
* The difference between being an atheist and being a humanist. Do the differences between the two positions change the responsibilities we have to society as a whole?
* How does a secular person participate in society to make it more secular? Have you recently experienced any bullying or rejection because you are a non-believer?
* Is there any hope for a secular Louisiana? Are there any “low-hanging fruit” issues you would like to change about the state?
* What are the topics that have the most diversity for non-believers? Do you feel anything is off limits or doesn't apply to humanism or secularism?
See Calendar for more information.
Join Team NOSHA "The Unholy Strollers" at the NO/AIDS Walk
- When: Sunday, September 21, 2014 @ 9:30 am
- Audubon Park, 6500 Saint Charles Ave, New Orleans, LA view map
For several years now, this has been an annual activity for the "NOSHA Social Aid and Pleasure Club" volunteers from our group.
Please join us as a participant or a donor (or both) to help us reach our team's goal of $500.00.
Click here to sign up or donate!
"Live at the PinChurch" - Humorist and Musician, Eric Schwartz!
- When: Friday, September 26, 2014 @ 8:00 pm
- The PinChurch, You will receive the location upon ticket purchase, Metairie, LA view map
All the way from Los Angeles, CA, the amazingly-talented, Internet sensation, humorist, satirist and all-around killer-musician, Eric Schwartz will be live at the PinChurch in Metairie!
If you’ve been on the Internet, you’ve probably seen some of Eric’s socially-conscious and occasionally irreverent music videos. He’s an outspoken critic of various social policies including fundamentalist religion and wingnutty politics. His video, "Keep Your Jesus Off My Penis" has been downloaded over a million times.
Tickets $20.00 in advance - no onsite sales are available.
Click here to see some of Eric's performances
Buy your ticket here!